Please login to start the Link Wizard. If you don’t have any credentials you can simply register with Username and Email for free.
Link Wizard will soon be connected into the nomad suite of network management and optimization applications, bringing a completely new look, feel and functionality.
Microwave Link Wizard is a free web application for initial microwave radio link planning that is simple and effective. This flexible web application geographically represents the physical links and enables accurate ‘first look’ line-of-sight calculation. The interface has a number of parameters that can be fine-tuned to user requirements to engineer links, including Frequency, Tx level, Rx level, polarity.
- Easy Microwave Link Plotting
- Display Sites and Path on Interactive Map Interface
- Line of Sight Graphical Analysis
- Fresnel Zone Boundary Calculation
- Perform Multipath Fading SES calculations using Vigants or ITU-R P.530-14 methods
- Space and Frequency Diversity
- Automatic Mast Height Optimization
- Adjust link configuration (bandwidth, frequency, polarity, antenna size etc.) to meet availability requirements
- Support for a Network of Sites
- Choice of Manufacturer Equipment
- Print the Link Budget
A number of factors affect links, causing path loss and performance degradation. Link Wizard adheres to international telecom standards (ITU) where possible to calculate for this. The factors Link Wizard takes in to account are as follows:
- LW calculates for the main issues affecting MW Link Performance
- Clear path including Fresnel Zone clearance, Earth Curvature and k-factor (atmospheric refraction). LW’s LOS chart gives indication of path
- Propagation conditions – LW has propagation input
- Rainfall – Higher Rainfall Reduces Link Performance and Availability – LW has Rainfall Rate input
- Reflection- from Ground and particularly over Water
- Free Space Path Loss – Loss of signal as it travel through the air
- Multipath Fading – Applies to frequencies of 10 GHz and 18 GHz. LW’s Space or Frequency Diversity can be used to resolve this issue